Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Stuart woman with dengue thought she just had a fever - Townsville Bulletin
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 14:16 GMT
- Cordillera dengue cases drop by 74 percent - Manila Bulletin
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:04 GMT
- Locally transmitted cases of dengue fever found in two Townsville suburbs - Townsville Bulletin
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:01 GMT
- Dengue fever crisis grips Latin America - Al Jazeera America
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Dengue fever cases in Townsville could potentially be ruled an outbreak as local cases confirmed - ABC News
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 03:19 GMT
- Vigilance key to avoid healthcare battle on two fronts - The Jakarta Post - Jakarta Post
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 05:10 GMT
- More than 4000 dengue cases in Singapore since start of 2020 as virus strain re-emerges - CNA
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 13:41 GMT
- Health officials confirm dengue fever case in Florida Keys - WJXT News4JAX
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:16 GMT
- Does climate change facilitate the spread and transmission of dengue? - Healio
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 18:26 GMT
- Hopeful results from trials of dengue vaccine candidate - CIDRAP
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- There’s a case of dengue fever in the Keys, health officials say - Miami Herald
Mon, 09 Mar 2020 23:14 GMT
- Dengue too may join in - The Daily Star
Sat, 28 Mar 2020 18:00 GMT
- War on dengue must continue even amid Covid-19 fight: Masagos - The Straits Times
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 21:00 GMT
- Dengue fever kills 104, infects more than 17000 nationwide since January - Indonesia - ReliefWeb
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 03:44 GMT
- Forum: Dengue control measures have significantly reduced transmissions - The Straits Times
Sun, 08 Mar 2020 08:00 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Dengue/DHF update (03): Americas
Sat, 07 Mar 2020 12:21:24 -0500
Dengue -- Worldwide/Unknown
Cases by Country / Week updated / Serotype / Total / Confirmed / Severe / Deaths
USA / 8 [w/e 22 Feb 2020] / D? / 47 / 47 / 0 / 0
Central America and Mexico
Belize / 7 [w/e 15 Feb 2020] / D1,3 / 473 / 156 / 0 / 0
Costa Rica / 7 [w/e 15 Feb 2020] / D1,2 / 1045 / 58 / 0 / 0
El Salvador / 8 [w/e 22 Feb 2020] / D2 / 1506 / 13 / 3 / 0
Guatemala / 5 [w/e 1 Feb 2020] / D1,2,3 / 1364 / 150 / 0 / 3
Honduras / 8 [w/e 22 Feb 2020] / D? / 8737 / 8 / 746 / 8
Mexico / 8 [w/e 22 Feb
- School-based health education for dengue control in Kelantan, Malaysia: Impact on knowledge, attitude and practice.
- Sandwich-Type DNA Micro-Optode Based on Gold-Latex Spheres Label for Reflectance Dengue Virus Detection.
- Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis in Children: Clinical Profile and Outcome.
- Clinical outcome of severe sepsis and septic shock in critically ill children.
- The development of RNA-KISS, a mammalian three-hybrid method to detect RNA - protein interactions in living mammalian cells.