Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. There is currently no specific treatment for dengue.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- 40 dengue cases in a week; total touches 90 - The Hindu
Tue, 26 Jul 2016 00:05:
- Dengue cases top 200 for 5th week in a row; more than 9900 cases reported this year - The Straits Times
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 23:29:
- Nearly 10000 dengue cases reported in Singapore this year - Channel NewsAsia
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 23:26:
- High fever, low platelets: A dengue-like viral infection - Times of India
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 22:24:
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week - Zee News
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 18:19:
- Malaria dept expedites drive to tackle malaria, dengue - Free Press Journal
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 17:04:
- Pathribagh seeks 'divine' aid to combat dengue - Times of India
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:53:
- Small industrial units retort dengue censure - Odisha Television Ltd.
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:23:
- Sterile mosquitoes to take the sting out of Dengue - Newsfirst
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:00:
- Alarming Rise in Dengue, Malaria Cases in Telangana - News18
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 14:50: