Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Mosquitoes resistant to all types of dengue virus engineered - New Atlas
Fri, 17 Jan 2020 06:23 GMT
- Paraguay braces for deadly Dengue fever outbreak - Reuters
Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:03 GMT
- Australian scientists make breakthrough on preventing spread of dengue fever - The Star Online
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 12:29 GMT
- Travel Alert Issued for The Americas's Dengue Outbreaks - Vax Before Travel
Mon, 30 Dec 2019 08:00 GMT
- Yemen: Dengue epidemic kills scores of vulnerable children - Vatican News
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:47 GMT
- Singapore faces threat from little-seen dengue strain - The Straits Times
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 21:00 GMT
- Dengue danger lurking outside - The Star Online
Fri, 17 Jan 2020 23:24 GMT
- Singapore faces dengue threat from emergence of little-seen strain - The Straits Times
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 11:37 GMT
- Florida Confirms 16th Locally-Acquired Dengue Fever Case - Vax Before Travel
Tue, 24 Dec 2019 08:00 GMT
- Dengue Outbreak Alerts Issued for 12 Asia & Pacific Countries - Vax Before Travel
Fri, 03 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Cellular culprit suspected of pushing dengue fever from bad to worse is cleared by transcripts - EurekAlert
Tue, 24 Dec 2019 08:00 GMT
- WMP for bringing 'Wolbachia' to Bangladesh to prevent dengue - newagebd.net
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 18:14 GMT
- Three new dengue patient detected in last 24hr: DGHS - newagebd.net
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 18:30 GMT
- At least 78 children died of dengue related illness in Yemen - Yemen - ReliefWeb
Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:57 GMT
- 3 new dengue patients detected - Prothom Alo English
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:02 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Dengue/DHF update (01): Americas
Tue, 14 Jan 2020 18:31:57 -0500
Dengue -- Worldwide/Unknown
Cases by Country / Week updated / Serotype / Total / Conf. / Severe / Deaths
USA / 52 [w/e 27 Dec 2019] / D? / 1158 / 1158 / 21 / 0
Central America and Mexico
Belize / 47 [w/e 22 Nov 2019] / D1,2 / 7174 / 2717 / 109 / 0
Costa Rica / 50 [w/e 13 Dec Oct 2019] / D1,2 / 9074 / 330 / 11 / 0
El Salvador / 52 [w/e 27 Dec 2019] / D2 / 27 470 / 768 / 106/ 14
Guatemala / 48 [w/e 29 Nov 2019] / D1,2,3,4 / 48 158 / 1317 / 105 / 61
Honduras / 52 [w/e 27 Dec 2019] / D1,2 / 112 708 /
- Validation of the easyscreen flavivirus dengue alphavirus detection kit based on 3base amplification technology and its application to the 2016/17 Vanuatu dengue outbreak.
- Complementarity of empirical and process-based approaches to modelling mosquito population dynamics with Aedes albopictus as an example-Application to the development of an operational mapping tool of vector populations.
- Dengue Virus-Polymersome Hybrid Nanovesicles for Advanced Drug Screening using Real-Time Single Nanoparticle-Virus Tracking.
- Reduced Featured k-NN Classifier Model Optimal for Classification of Dengue Fever from Salivary Raman Spectra.