Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Dengue Treatment Market 2020 Size, Share, Industry By Development History, Business Prospect, Trend, - PharmiWeb.com
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:34 GMT
- Dengue alert amid Covid-19 threat - The Tribune India
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 02:15 GMT
- Dengue cases in Laos reach 7,376 since January - Xinhua | English.news.cn - Xinhua
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 08:52 GMT
- Alert: FINAL Repatriation Flight, High Wind Event, and Dengue Fever Reminder, Peru (October 19, 2020) - US Embassy in Peru - USEmbassy.gov
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 20:25 GMT
- Over 2,900 workers deployed to carry out anti-dengue operations in Salem - The Hindu
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 18:39 GMT
- Update on dengue fever (October 2, 2020) - Saint Lucia - ReliefWeb
Fri, 02 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- No relief for doctors as dengue cases spiral - The Tribune India
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 02:09 GMT
- Saint Lucia dengue outbreak continues rise, More deaths confirmed - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 17 Oct 2020 22:04 GMT
- Positive case of West Nile Virus and Dengue fever confirmed by Brazos County Health District - KBTX
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Miami-Dade Has Second Case Of Dengue Fever - CBS Miami
Wed, 23 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Dengue in the Americas: 20 countries reporting higher-than-usual numbers prompting CDC travel notice - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 03 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Coimbatore: Health department to focus on anti-dengue drive - Times of India
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 22:34 GMT
- Can you get Covid-19 & dengue at the same time? Experts say it's possible, treatment can be complicated - Economic Times
Sat, 26 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Dengue cases continue to increase in Laos - Xinhua | English.news.cn - Xinhua
Fri, 16 Oct 2020 09:07 GMT
- Taiwan: Additional local transmission of dengue fever - Outbreak News Today
Thu, 01 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (446): ADE, New Zealand lessons, WHO, global
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 07:47:33 -0400
COVID-19 -- New Zealand
"Antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) has been reported in several virus infections including dengue fever virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) coronavirus infection. To study whether ADE is involved in COVID-19 infections, in vitro pseudotyped SARS-CoV-2 entry into Raji cells, K562 cells, and primary B cells mediated by plasma from recovered COVID-19 patients were employed as models. The enhancement of SARS-CoV-2
- Betulinic Acid exhibits antiviral effects against dengue virus infection.
- High Dengue Burden and Circulation of 4 Virus Serotypes among Children with Undifferentiated Fever, Kenya, 2014-2017.
- Methylene blue is a potent and broad-spectrum inhibitor against Zika virus in vitro and in vivo.
- Antibodies targeting epitopes on the cell-surface form of NS1 protect against Zika virus infection during pregnancy.
- Programmable low-cost DNA-based platform for viral RNA detection.