Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Philippines: Worst dengue outbreak in years kills over a thousand - Aljazeera.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:03 GMT
- Anemia may contribute to the spread of dengue fever - Medical Xpress
Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:40 GMT
- Broward Mosquito Control Sprays Larvicide After Locally Transmitted Case Of Dengue - CBS Miami
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 01:56 GMT
- Rolling out the early warning system for dengue fever symptoms - Health Europa
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 10:26 GMT
- 6 Killed, Over 5000 Tested Positive as Nepal Reels from Dengue Outbreak - News18
Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:57 GMT
- What is dengue, and why is it so widespread this year? - Yahoo News
Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:44 GMT
- Philippines Situation Report 7 - Dengue Outbreak (13 September 2019) - Philippines - ReliefWeb
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 02:22 GMT
- Bhopal Sees Sharp Rise in Dengue Cases After 200 Tested Positive - News18
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 07:05 GMT
- Hundreds of children die in Philippine dengue epidemic as local action urged - The Guardian
Thu, 12 Sep 2019 06:00 GMT
- Fourth local dengue fever case confirmed in Miami-Dade; first case found in Broward - Miami Herald
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 22:17 GMT
- Dengue cases spike in Telangana, over 4,500 cases reported since January - Livemint
Sun, 15 Sep 2019 04:35 GMT
- ACAPS Briefing Note: Mexico - Dengue Fever (16 September 2019) - Mexico - ReliefWeb
Mon, 16 Sep 2019 20:48 GMT
- Injecting Mosquitoes with this Bacteria could 'Defeat' Dengue Fever, Scientists Have Claimed - News18
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 09:44 GMT
- Dengue fever on Guam: What you need to know - Guam Pacific Daily News
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 06:22 GMT
- Guam officials debunk social media post about dengue situation - Guam Pacific Daily News
Mon, 16 Sep 2019 07:57 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Invasive mosquitoes - USA (05): (NE, UT)
Thu, 12 Sep 2019 13:28:54 -0400
Other Human Disease -- United States
A species of mosquito that can carry the Zika virus, dengue, yellow fever and chikungunya [viruses] has been identified in Nebraska for the 1st time, according to state health officials.
On Tuesday [10 Sep 2019], the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said it had documented _Aedes aegypti_ mosquitoes -- which are mainly found in tropical climates -- in York County, to the state's southeast.
The mosquitoes were captured during an annual research mission -- conducted
- Fast emerging insecticide resistance in Aedes albopictus in Guangzhou, China: Alarm to the dengue epidemic.
- Chimeric viruses of the insect-specific flavivirus Palm Creek with structural proteins of vertebrate-infecting flaviviruses identify barriers to replication of insect-specific flaviviruses in vertebrate cells.
- Prevalence and laboratory analysis of malaria and dengue co-infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis.