Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Dengue—an Epidemic Within a Pandemic in Peru - Peru - ReliefWeb
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 16:06 GMT
- Foods you can eat to treat dengue fever - Times of India
Sun, 17 Jan 2021 18:30 GMT
- Scientists find antibody that blocks dengue virus - Science Daily
Wed, 13 Jan 2021 19:01 GMT
- New research reveals how one antibody blocks dangerous effects of dengue virus infection, offering a potential path to prevention - EurekAlert
Thu, 07 Jan 2021 19:03 GMT
- Researchers discover antibody that blocks the spread of dengue virus - News-Medical.net
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 14:15 GMT
- Peru reports worst dengue epidemic since 2017 - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 00:42 GMT
- 2B7 antibody could be the breakthrough needed for dengue fever therapies - Drug Target Review
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 08:00 GMT
- Dengue: An Unseen Epidemic within Peru's Pandemic - The Rio Times
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 17:04 GMT
- Dengue infections continue to rise in Laos - Xinhua | English.news.cn - Xinhua
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 09:25 GMT
- Study reveals how one antibody blocks dangerous effects of dengue virus infection - Xinhua | English.news.cn - Xinhua
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 18:02 GMT
- 1 antibody blocks dengue virus infection in mice - Futurity: Research News
Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:24 GMT
- Dengue: City corporation officials on high alert - Times of India
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 23:12 GMT
- Herbal dengue drug set for Phase 2 clinical trials - Philstar.com
Sun, 17 Jan 2021 16:00 GMT
- Antibody could improve survival rates of dengue, West Nile virus - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 09 Jan 2021 18:56 GMT
- Brazil: Minas Gerais reports big decrease in dengue in 2020 - Outbreak News Today
Sun, 10 Jan 2021 11:37 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (14): immune response, serology, dengue coinfection, WHO, global
Tue, 12 Jan 2021 15:39:12 -0500
COVID-19 -- Germany
We investigated immune responses against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) among a group of convalescent, potential blood donors in Germany who had PCR-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection. 60 days after onset of symptoms, 13/78 (17%) study participants had borderline or negative results to an ELISA detecting IgG against the S1 protein of SARS-CoV-2. We analyzed participants with PCR-confirmed infection who had strong antibody responses (ratio greater
- Indian blood donor selection guidelines: Review in the context of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- NUCLEOPROTEIN-BASED ELISA FOR DETECTION OF SARS-CoV-2 IgG ANTIBODIES: COULD AN OLD ASSAY BE SUITABLE FOR SERODIAGNOSIS OF THE NEW CORONAVIRUS?
- High throughput estimates of Wolbachia, Zika and chikungunya infection in Aedes aegypti by near-infrared spectroscopy to improve arbovirus surveillance.
- Clustered rapid induction of apoptosis limits ZIKV and DENV-2 proliferation in the midguts of Aedes aegypti.
- Identification of DNA Methyltransferase-1 Inhibitor for Breast Cancer Therapy through Computational Fragment-Based Drug Design.