Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. A vaccine for dengue fever has been approved by the FDA in May 2019 and is commercially available in a number of countries.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- How climate crisis is accelerating the global spread of deadly dengue fever - CNN
Thu, 19 Sep 2019 01:30 GMT
- Brazil’s fight against dengue: A race against time - DW (English)
Sat, 21 Sep 2019 17:56 GMT
- Dengue virus becoming resistant to vaccines and therapeutics due to mutations in specific protein - Medical Xpress
Fri, 20 Sep 2019 11:00 GMT
- Central America’s dengue epidemic deadly in Honduras - Washington Post
Fri, 20 Sep 2019 04:10 GMT
- Anemia may contribute to the spread of dengue fever: Iron-deficient blood makes it easier for dengue virus to colonize and multiply in mosquitoes' guts - Science Daily
Mon, 16 Sep 2019 21:10 GMT
- Surging Cases of Dengue in Uttarakhand Creates a Sense of Worry - News18
Sat, 21 Sep 2019 05:26 GMT
- Philippines: Worst dengue outbreak in years kills over a thousand - Aljazeera.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:03 GMT
- Woman dies of dengue fever in Barishal - The Daily Star
Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:29 GMT
- What is dengue, and why is it so widespread this year? - Yahoo News
Mon, 09 Sep 2019 07:00 GMT
- Rolling out the early warning system for dengue fever symptoms - Health Europa
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 10:26 GMT
- US Develops Vaccine to Prevent Dengue, But India Has to Wait 10 Years for it - News18
Fri, 20 Sep 2019 04:17 GMT
- DPHSS: 10 dengue cases; 3 imported, 7 local - The Guam Daily Post
Sat, 21 Sep 2019 09:01 GMT
- Chinese scientists suggest new control method for dengue virus - Xinhua | English.news.cn - Xinhua
Fri, 20 Sep 2019 08:50 GMT
- Dengue: 7 Myths Busted Around the Mosquito-borne Disease - News18
Wed, 18 Sep 2019 02:38 GMT
- DGHS: 408 more hospitalized for dengue in 24hrs - Dhaka Tribune
Sat, 21 Sep 2019 10:01 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Invasive mosquitoes - USA (05): (NE, UT)
Thu, 12 Sep 2019 13:28:54 -0400
Other Human Disease -- United States
A species of mosquito that can carry the Zika virus, dengue, yellow fever and chikungunya [viruses] has been identified in Nebraska for the 1st time, according to state health officials.
On Tuesday [10 Sep 2019], the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said it had documented _Aedes aegypti_ mosquitoes -- which are mainly found in tropical climates -- in York County, to the state's southeast.
The mosquitoes were captured during an annual research mission -- conducted
- Extensive genomic recoding by codon-pair deoptimization selective for mammals is a flexible tool to generate attenuated vaccine candidates for dengue virus 2.
- High specificity and sensitivity of Zika EDIII-based ELISA diagnosis highlighted by a large human reference panel.
- Current prevention and potential treatment options for dengue infection.
- Inhibitory Effect of Alpha-Mangostin to Dengue Virus Replication and Cytokines Expression in Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells.
- Risk factors for dengue outbreaks in Odisha, India: A case-control study.