Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. There is currently no specific treatment for dengue.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Health officials in Hong Kong take action to prevent outbreak of dengue fever as it warns city could see more infections
Wed, 15 Aug 2018 13:55 GMT
- Warnings of 'exponential growth' after three more dengue fever cases in Hong Kong
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 13:50 GMT
- Mechanism that affects multiplication of dengue virus lineage is discovered
Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:52 GMT
- Homemaker from Kurla is season's first dengue victim
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:34 GMT
- Dengue and Congo Fever preventive campaigns to continue on Eid holidays
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:20 GMT
- Zika Likes it Warmer than Dengue: Study
Wed, 15 Aug 2018 18:03 GMT
- Fiji Dengue Fever Outbreak Cataloged in Blood Samples
Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:32 GMT
- Researchers report mechanism that affects multiplication of dengue virus lineage
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 11:35 GMT
- Zika Virus and Dengue Fever May Be Distinguished by Select Clinical Indicators
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 13:12 GMT
- HK braces for locally infected dengue outbreak
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 20:03 GMT
- Is adminstration alone to blame for the spread of dengue?
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 00:33 GMT
- Territory-wide steps rolled out against dengue
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 06:01 GMT
- More dengue cases surface
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 06:14 GMT
- Six booked as anti-dengue drive intensifies
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 22:48 GMT
- How Modified Mosquitoes May Fight Dengue
Mon, 6 Aug 2018 17:47 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Dengue/DHF update (15): Asia, Europe, Australia, vector, vaccine
Sun, 05 Aug 2018 10:18:15 -0400
Dengue -- Australia
Deadly dengue fever has been wiped out for the 1st time across an entire city in Australia, following the release of millions of anti-virus modified mosquitoes. Anti-dengue mosquitoes were released in Townsville, Australia in 2014. No cases have been recorded in the Queensland city, which has around 167 800 residents, since the pests' release. This is compared to 54 dengue cases between 2010 and 2014.
A total of 4 million mosquitoes were infected with Wolbachia bacteria over 2 years. The
Unfortunately the page you were looking for could not be found.
To continue, please use the site navigation menu, or click the back button in your browser to return to the previous page.
You can also use the Site Map or the search box in the top right position of this page.