Unfortunately the page you were looking for could not be found.
To continue, please use the site navigation menu, or click the back button in your browser to return to the previous page.
You can also use the Site Map or the search box in the top right position of this page.
Dengue Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in dengue. Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness (dengue fever), and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever. Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About two fifths of the world's population are now at risk. Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas. Dengue is transmitted to humans by the Aedes aegypti or more rarely the Aedes albopictus mosquito, which feed during the day. Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries. There is currently no specific treatment for dengue.
The objectives of Dengue Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for dengue and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to dengue.
- Prior dengue in kids may protect against Zika symptoms - CIDRAP
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 22:05 GMT
- Caribbean Island Visitors Warned Of Dengue Virus Risk - PrecisionVaccinations
Thu, 03 Jan 2019 08:00 GMT
- As dengue threat looms, CARPHA warns: Clean up your act - Loop News Trinidad and Tobago
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 21:59 GMT
- Persons Must Seek Medical Attention Immediately After Experiencing Dengue Symptoms - Government of Jamaica, Jamaica Information Service
Sat, 19 Jan 2019 08:00 GMT
- Get the Facts - Dengue Fever - Government of Jamaica, Jamaica Information Service
Fri, 04 Jan 2019 22:13 GMT
- Health Ministry warns of dengue fever during rainy season - Indonesia - ReliefWeb
Tue, 22 Jan 2019 01:12 GMT
- 29 dengue high-risk areas identified in capital city - Jamaica Observer
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 05:13 GMT
- Region Urged To Prepare For Possibility of Severe Dengue Fever Outbreak - St. Lucia Times Online News
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:52 GMT
- Dengue Immunity In Children May Protect Against Symptomatic Zika Infection, Study Shows - Kaiser Family Foundation
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:59 GMT
- 1800 tilapia fish released in Jamaican gullies to fight dengue - Loop News Trinidad and Tobago
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:18 GMT
- PrimeVax Immuno-Oncology Signs Exclusive Worldwide Dengue Virus License with US Army for Cancer Treatments - PRNewswire
Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:20 GMT
- Regional public health body warns of likely severe dengue outbreak - Loop News Jamaica
Fri, 18 Jan 2019 13:49 GMT
- City braces for dengue alert period in February, March - The Jakarta Post - Jakarta Post
Tue, 22 Jan 2019 01:34 GMT
- 20% more dengue cases in 2018 than previous year, 207 cases reported in first week of 2019 - The Straits Times
Wed, 09 Jan 2019 08:00 GMT
- 'Dengue' drain on Central High School after star pupil's passing - Loop News Jamaica
Sun, 20 Jan 2019 22:52 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Japanese encephalitis & other - India (01)
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 20:35:35 -0500
Japanese Encephalitis -- India
Citation: Vasanthapuram Ravi, Shafeeq Keeran Shahul Hameed, Anita Desai, Reeta Subramaniam Mani, Vijayalakshmi Reddy, et al.: Dengue virus is an under-recognised causative agent of acute encephalitis syndrome (AES): Results from a 4-year AES surveillance study of Japanese encephalitis in selected states of India. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2019. doi: .
- Dengue virus is one of the 3 most common agents identified in acute encephalitis syndrome (AES).